At the beginning of 2020, Raphael Demmer and I predicted that procurement leaders would focus on 4 areas:
- Sourcing at speed
- Sustaining a zero-based culture
- Triple bottom-line impact
- Digitalization and ecosystem
2020 accentuated all that… and amplified supply chain risk and resilience as well as trade implications.
Raphael adds a reflection and 3 more focal points as we head into 2021:
- Renewed focus on supply chain risk management and resilience
- Shift to local/regional supply
- Shift to niche and specialist IT and tools over large-scale transformations
…and I’ll add 3 more that are 2021 imperatives for procurement and our supply chains to continue to progress:
- Diversity and inclusion always
- Leadership at all levels
- All in collaboration and action
We are excited about the future role and impact of procurement in 2021 and beyond!