The procurement technology, data and analytics market is moving through a radical shift which emulates global technology patterns… is this the end of the American Internet?
Regional markets are evolving to create a more opportunities.
- It’s not all about Silicon Valley
- There are a lot of smart entrepreneurs in Europe
- The VC industry has grown up in Europe
- Regulation may be a source of competitive advantage for Europe
- It’s all to play for
Benedict Evans and Oliver Lambert at Mosiac Ventures believe that the creation of the European Flywheel is a distinct advantage in a number of ways including:
- Startup-led capital in depth
- Dense support networks
- Sophisticated customers
- Successes, seed angels, founders and new funds
- Spread of the SV funding/ownership/risk startup model
- Tax and visa rules don’t block startups
- Universities and R&D lads spin-out talent
- Peer group sets market aspirations
Combined with continued growth in America, and a similar Asia Pacific flywheel, the overall digital procurement marketplace will continue to expand. Indeed, city and country hot spots of procurement technology are beginning to evolve too.